A few weeks ago I was sent a microfiber travel towel from Shandali to review.
I have heard quite a few things about microfiber towels, but haven't had the chance to try one yet.
About Shandali Microfiber Travel Towel:
* #1 Rated Travel Towel - MICROFIBER - Guarantee Bleed Free - Includes Hook
* NEW AND EXCLUSIVE TO AMAZON: Lighten your load and stay dry all day long with new and advanced microfiber lightweight material
* ULTRA-ABSORBENT & QUICK-DRYING: Support your active lifestyle with a towel that absorbs wetness and drys 10x as fast as a cotton towel
* TRAVEL | SPORT | CAMPING | BEACH: Shandali UltraSport Travel Towel is multi-purpose towel that allows you to use the same great towel in multiple places. Enjoy it during a relaxing day at the beach, a kick-*** workout at the gym, or while you're camping out on a kayaking trip
* 100% MICROFIBER MATERIAL: Soft on your skin, super-durable, and extra-compact so you hardly notice it's in your bag. Take it backpacking and keep your load light
* HASSLE-FREE MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE: If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied, within 30 days, please return your Shandali UltraSport for a no-questions asked, full refund
As I mentioned above, I haven't had the opportunity to try a microfiber towel before. I've heard people mention how light weight and absorbent they are. I was very interested in giving one a try.
Shandali offers two sizes of microfiber travel towels, a medium size at 24" x 48" and a small size at 20" x 40". Along with size options, they also offer the travel towel in three different colors- Morning Sky, Pebble and Stone, and River Blue. I decided on the River Blue color, and the medium size.
Delivery was very quick. When I opened the package I was amazed at how lightweight this towel really is. It is pretty flat, so if you are use to big fluffy towels it will be an adjustment for you like it was for me. This towel might be thin and light weight, but man can it soak and hold water! I first tried it out when showering. I typically use two towels when drying off. I automatically wrap my hair in one, and dry my body with another. This microfiber towel dries so quickly, with one swipe over my skin I'm dry! I can quickly dry off and wrap my hair in just a minute. Another benefit I noticed with using this towel to wrap and dry my hair, is less frizz. When using a cotton towel even after having it wrapped, I still need to squeeze or rub to get more water out. My hair is thick and naturally wavy/curly, so I like to avoid as much frizz as I can. :) With this towel I can wrap my hair and have most of the water absorbed by the time I am ready to unwrap it after getting dressed. With just a little squeeze, I can get the last bit of water out without needing the extra friction. (This is after drying my body too!)
The towel dries quickly after hanging it over the shower curtain. It also comes with a loop to hang on a hook which is a great feature. I also later took this towel with me to the beach. Bringing a microfiber towel instead of a beach and/or cotton towel saves A LOT of space, you have extra room to pack more without the bulk. Another plus? Sand didn't stick to it! (I hate drying off feeling the grainy sand rubbing on my body when it gets all over cotton towels...)
I was very impressed with the quality, durability, and absorbency of this microfiber towel. Like I mentioned, it was a little adjustment switching from a fluffy cotton towel to the microfiber towel, but I'm hooked now- especially with drying my hair! This towel is not only great for home use, but beach use. I can only imagine that my Hubby will steal it for the gym once he gets home from deployment. :)
You can find this towel exclusively on Amazon. They are normally $34.95 - $39.95 (depending on size) but are ON SALE right now for $14.95 - $19.95. If you have been wanting to try out a microfiber towel like I was, I would take opportunity of this deal!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.